Reviewing the Purepulse Electronic Pulse Massager
This specific review will cover the Purepulse Electronic Pulse Massager. If you look closely at this tens device from Purepulse and other tens units from different brands you may realize that the devices are similar or identical in virtually every aspect. Purepulse, SantaMedical, TruMedic, and Prospera all have a tens unit that has the same size, specs, and options— it is essentially the same, but under the guise of a different name.
The same big manufacturer in China sells one unit to multiple distributors in the United States, and each distributor renames or rebrands the device.
I don’t want to go into a detailed tens massager review, because we have already talked about the technical specs and features of this unit in other reviews. As it is the same device, I recommend you check out either the SantaMedical LFM-110 or TruMedic PL-009 review for a more detailed account of features for this tens unit model.
This model is not the best tens unit on the market, in my personal opinion, but it is relatively inexpensive and many people have proved satisfied with it.
We also need to point out the fact that I could not find any instructional manual online, but the device should ship with one.
Purepulse Electronic Pulse Massager
Dual Channel TENS Technology
5 Pre-set TENS Modes
10 Intensity Levels
Use with 2 Pads or 4 Pads
Other Tens Units
The product brand is Pure Enrichment. Pure enrichment has two other tens units models – PurePulse Pro Advanced Tens Unit and PurePulse Duo Ems & Tens. Pure Enrichment also sells other products aside from tens units, such as air purifiers, cosmetics, and even steamers.
As we have mentioned in the SantaMedical tens unit review, it looks like the Purepulse Electronic Pulse Massager is available under different brand names. The tens units we found to be same are TruMedic PL-009, Prospera PL-009, SantaMedical LFM-110, SunpenTown Electronic Pulse Massager, MapLeaf PL-0009, and Easy@Home Tens Unit.
The primary difference between these products is simply the logo or brand name. This process is known as relabeling within the International Business. One brand name (such as Pure Enrichment) simply chooses to resell products related to health and personal care.
Choosing the Unit
Now that we have talked about the fact that many of these units are essentially identical—the first question that pops up is “which one should you choose?”
Price and support for the product are two things that you should look for when considering multiple devices. Let’s say you are going to buy this product from Amazon; here are a couple points to consider before making your final decision.
- Check to see which one provides the best price. (I have talked about the prices of the different brands for this model in SantaMedical Tens Unit Review, you may check that article here.)
- Look at the company website for things like legitimacy, does it look reliable? Do they provide address and a phone number?
- If the product is sold by a seller, check the reviews of the seller on Amazon. You can find the seller in the right section of the Amazon product page, indicated with “Sold By...”, click on the seller and check the reviews.
- Look for customer product reviews for the product. Is the product fulfilled by Amazon? You will also find this information on the right side of product page. “Fulfilled by Amazon” means that the product is kept in an Amazon warehouse. Amazon packs it up and ships it, and also provides customer service.
How Does Purepulse Elecronic Massager Compare?
Let's have a look at these points regarding Purepulse Elecronic Massager and competing tens devices.
- When it comes to the best cost among the brands I just listed, Prospera PL-009 has the best price at the time of this writing.
- As far as legitimacy and communication go you can find the Pure Enrichment website here. They look like they have a reliable website, and they also sell the products from their website.
- The only issue was that I couldn’t find any address or phone details on the website. They only provide communication through a contact form. This is kind of a disadvantage if you wanted to go here to buy this tens handheld electronic pulse massager unit.
- Buying the Purepulse Elecrronic Massager on Amazon
- There are many customer reviews for Purepulse Tens Unit on Amazon. At the time of this writing most of the reviews seem to be overwhelmingly positive compared to the negative ones. Most of the poor reviews are due to the machine not working after a couple of weeks. Overall this Purepulse Tens Unit has a lot of reviews and many people were happy with their deal.
- If you buy this electrotherapy pain relief system on Amazon, remember the product is sold as fulfilled by Amazon. This means Amazon customer service team manages any customer inquires and refunds.
This electric pain relief device is sold by a seller called LectroLounge on Amazon. The seller has had incredibly positive feedback in the last 12 months with a lot of ratings. This looks pretty promising.
Tens Unit Price
How much you pay for the Pure Enrichment Electronic Pulse Massager depends on where you go. Check Amazon to see what their current prices are as they often have good deals. The manufacturer website is selling the product for $59.95. It can be found on sears.com for $35.50, and caputron.com for $38.50. One of the cheapest prices I've seen is on overstock.com for $29.95.
Whatever you choose to buy you will also have to factor in the cost of batteries (it runs on four AAA batteries) and tens machine pads.
Purepulse Tens Unit vs Other TENS Models
PurePulse TENS Electronic Pulse Massager
PurePulse Pro Advanced TENS Unit Muscle Stimulator
Icy Hot Smart Relief TENS Therapy
|Battery||4 x AAA||3 x AAA||1 x 3V||1 x 9V|
|Size (inches) (H x W x D)||7.8 x 2.2 x 0.9||2.51 x 1.49 x 0.51||3.98 x 2.4 x 0.96|
|Warranty||2 Year Warranty||2 Year Warranty||-||1 Year Warranty|
Purepulse Electronic Pulse Massager - Conclusion
Personally I would go for either the truMedic PL-009 model or Prospera PL-009. If price is the priority, Prospera PL-009 with a pretty cheap price tag is the best deal. The Trumedic TENS unit has several thousand customer reviews and Prospera Tens unit has also many customer reviews. Obviously they are both relatively popular choices but Trumedic looks like peoples' favorite choice.
You can can register your product at both of the websites and both can be reached by a contact number, email, or a contact form through their website. These are advantages which the Purepulse device lacks. I hope you found this Purepulse Tens Unit review helpful and that we were able to answer some common questions about this tens unit model.
The Bottom LineIf you have decided to go for a PL-009 tens unit model, naturally there is no definitive best choice. Purepulse is still a good option and price is at the same range as the other brands. Not having a phone or physical address is kind of a drawback, so this is something else to consider too.